Group Text! IPA App Version 1.9Posted on March 3, 2011
send mass text
Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group
name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the iPhone Messages
application as usual.
send mass text messages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- distribution lists are very useful if you have contacts with more than one
phone number or if you don’t want to create groups only to group text them
- optionally create and use message templates
- setting to show all or only
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or
- print lists (iOS4.2 and supported printer required)
- iPhone 4 retina display ready
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
Note: the app can’t use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
If you’re experiencing issues sending to large groups, check the setting of “Group Messaging” on the iPhone settings. If the option is available, set it to OFF (yes OFF) to be able to send to large groups. If it’s on, the iPhone will try to send MMS instead of SMS and will fail to send to large groups.
What’s new in Version 1.9
- new char counter that displays: total number of chars, size of each text and number of texts required to send the message, remaining chars before an additional text is required. This
feature is mostly useful to users that don’t have a flat text plan.
- now you can edit the information of a recipient in a list
- fixed a bug that in some case prevented the app to
save the lists
IPA size 0.8 MB
LANGUAGES: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.